The birmingham cardiac 3 day diet supposedly was invented in the Birmingham, Alabama Hospital cardiac unit as a tool to assist patients with fast weight loss prior to surgery.
The diet been criticized as a fad diet for quick, short-term weight loss. This fad diet promises weight loss of up to 10 pounds in just three days. The diet is also known as:
American Heart Association three-day diet, at Baptist Hospital three-day diet, Bubba’s three-day diet, Florida three-day diet, three-day army diet, three-day cardiac diet, a three-day heart diet, and the Hospital three-day diet.
The promise that you will lose 10 pounds could conceivably be true. However, realistically the weight you might lose is probably water weight and definitely not body fat.
The diet makes all kinds of promises including: (1) quick weight loss, (2) cleansing, (3) increased energy, and (4) lower cholesterol,
How does it work? You must follow the plan exactly for three-day intervals every week to see results. During the other four days of the week you may eat normally. If you want to lose another 10 pounds, just follow the diet for another three days.
the diet requires that you follow a very strict regiment. is few eat food is not on the diet this will be considered overeating and you won’t lose weight. also under eating must be avoided all costs. In fact the diet requires you eat the recommended portions even if you’re not hungry
* 1/2 Grapefuit or Juice * 1 Slice of Toast * 1 tbsp. Peanut Butter * Black Coffee or Tea
* 1/2 cup Tuna * 1 Slice Toast * Black Coffee or Tea
* 2 Slices (3 oz.) of any Meat * 1 cup String Beans * 1 cup Carrots or Beets * 1 small Apple * 1 cup Vanilla Ice Cream
* 1 hard-boiled Egg * 1 Slice of Toast * 1/2 Banana * Black Coffee or Tea
* 1 cup Cottage Cheese
* 1/2 cup Tuna * 5 Saltine Crackers
* 2 Wieners * 1 cup Cabbage or Broccoli * 1/2 cup Carrots
* Turnip Greens * 1/2 Banana * 1 cup Vanilla Ice Cream
* 1 hard-boiled Egg * 1 Slice Toast * Black Coffee or Tea
* 1 Slice Cheddar Cheese * 5 Saltine Crackers * 1 small Apple * Black Coffee or Tea
* 1 cup Tuna * 1 cup Carrots or Beets * 1 cup Green Beans
* Cauliflower * 1 cup Cantaloupe
* 1 small Apple * 1 cup Vanilla Ice Cream
The Birmingham, Alabama three day diet has straightforward rules, which are easy to follow. allegedly, that works because it initiates a special chemical breakdown. However, if substitutions are made a special chemical breakdown does not occur and neither does weight loss. You are also allowed to consume:
* Diet soda or tea sweetened with an artificial sweetener * Salt and pepper (no other seasoning) * Stick to this diet for 3 consecutive days each week. * After 3 days eat usual food, but be sure not to over eat. * After 4 days of normal eating, start all over again,