The connection between diabetes and obesity can be found in the foods that are available to us today. These foods allow people to eat more kilojoules than is recommended which obviously leads to obesity, this of course is the result of excessive fat. There are different types of diabetes, but obesity is linked more to type 2 diabetes.
Unfortunately, this disease called diabetes is an epidemic that spreads throughout the world which effects around 246 million people, and by 2025 there will be over 300 million people with diabetes. Diabetes can cause kidney failure, heart disease, blindness and possible amputation of limbs, diabetes is a killer and we need to take control and manage this disease.
Studies have shown that the types of food that are consumed are connected to obesity which can and will develop into type 2 diabetes.
The number of people that are affected by diabetes is increasing, so we need to make sure that people are aware of the risks and how to avoid them. In Australia and New Zealand one in four adults are affected by diabetes or pre-diabetes. Sadly, over 300 people every day, including children are being diagnosed with diabetes.
How diabetes and obesity are connected is through not having the correct healthy nutritious diet and exercise regime. It is essential for your health that you monitor your blood glucose levels and your cholesterol.
As well as a nutritious diet and exercise you need to adjust your behaviour in respect to the type of foods you consume, by introducing this behaviour towards food, you will be able to stick to your diet with ease and maintain a healthy weight. Following is a list that will help you to achieve this:
* Eat your meals at regular intervals as well as the same time each day
* Eat your meals slowly as this will allow your food to digest
* Do not have extra food on the dinner table
* Do not have a side plate of any other food on the dinner table
* Set yourself some realistic goals for losing weight
* Only eat what you need, there is no need to eat everything put in front of you
* When you are eating out, be aware of the amount of alcohol, bread and salad dressings
*Get yourself some body weights and start to wear them, this will allow you to understand the extra weight and how good it will feel to be rid of that weight
* An important tip when you go shopping for food is to only have enough money for the foods that you need. Make a list of the ingredients and stick to it, and
* Remember the most important and beneficial point for you is to avoid foods that are no good for you, for example, processed foods, fried foods and take-away foods that contain ingredients that have no nutritional benefit at all
How diabetes and obesity are connected is simple. By simply implementing a healthy lifestyle you will avoid all the serious complications that are associated with this terrible disease.
It is essential to your health to know everything about diabetes nutrition. Take a look at Sue Kennedy’s site to learn all there is to know about how you can Defeat Diabetes Now and also get your free report.